Get in touch today
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
What student type are you?
Are you a New Zealand resident or international student? If you’re a New Zealander or citizen please use Domestic enrolment. If you live outside of New Zealand or are not a Resident or citizen or hold a visa to work and study in New Zealand, use International enrolment.
Our Level 4 English Language programme aims to provide students with the language competency in academic contexts which will enable their pathway to further tertiary study. It sets out to further advance the students’ skills of speaking, listening,reading, writing and critical thinking and develop the students’ confidence and study skills that will enable them to undertake independent learning at the tertiary level and pathway to further tertiary study at level 5, 6 and 7 levels.
(Maximum class size: 25 students)
What you can learn
- Learn how to listen, read, write and speak in English in academic contexts
- Get the language and study skills to succeed in academic study
- Study five English for Academic Purposes Unit Standards and gain credits towards meeting University Entrance literacy requirements
- English language scholarships available
- IELTS (Academic): 5.5 with no individual score below 5.0 (within the last 2 years)
- Seafield NZCEL entry test: 5.5 with no individual score below 5.0
- Oxford Online English test: B2, with nothing below B1
- Seafield English Language Tuition: Upper Intermediate Summative test: Overall Pass; No section failed
- Pearson’s Test of English: At least 42 with no band lower than 36 (within the last 2 years)
- New Zealand Certificate of English Language: Level 3 (Applied) [NZQA Ref: 3667]
- LanguageCert: B2 Communicator Official Pass; or Seafield LanguageCert B2 Communicator Mock Test pass
- NZSE Diploma in Business (Level 6)*
- NZSE Diploma in Networking (Level 6)*
- NZSE Diploma in IT Software Development (Level 6)*
- NZSE Diploma in Community Healthcare and Support
- Any other Diploma Level 6 and above*
What people say about us
“I feel I have benefited greatly from my studies with Seafield. My progress in grammatical skills, academic writing and conversational English has prepared me well for my future studies.”