Visa Requirements

As a Category 1 school, we can offer our students work rights

Please find full information on visas and how to apply through the Immigration New Zealand website here.

Short courses

If you are planning to study at Seafield School of English for up to 3 months in total, you do not need a Student Visa. In this case, you will need to apply for a Visitor Visa, or depending on your nationality, you may not need to apply for a visa before arriving in New Zealand.

Long courses

If you are coming to New Zealand to study with for more than three months, you will need to apply for a Student Visa.

Part time work

Since 2015, The Government has announced that English language students choosing New Zealand for their study experience in an NZQA Category 1 school, will have the opportunity to work part-time while on a Student Visa of 14 weeks or more. This means students who study at Seafield on a student visa of 14 weeks or longer, can work up to 20hrs per week while they study!

For detailed information please visit the Immigration New Zealand website here.

Medical and travel insurance

International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while studying in New Zealand. Seafield requires that students have medical and travel insurance before travel and during their studies at Seafield and period living in New Zealand. Seafield will, if required, arrange standard international student cover through Southern Cross Healthcare at the cost of the student.